How to know you have been “vampirized”
People, places or events may all have a negative impact on your energy. It is up to each of us to be aware and responsible for our own self care. Our true health, happiness and safety are an inside job. We cannot rely on others to be conscious or responsible for how they interact. Of course it would be best if they were, but the reality is that many people are not conscious, aware or responsible regarding their inner lives. If we wait for them to be, or expect them to be, then we give our power away putting the fulfillment of our needs in their very unsafe (and yes, often uncaring) hands.
Vampires are not necessarily mean or evil people, but they are engaged in the pursuit of energy and will get it any way they can as it can feel like a survival issue to them. We all need energy. We all want to feel good, happy, secure, worthwhile and valuable. If we have unresolved issues, are not aware of our motives and the patterns of behavior that spring from them, then we will mange energy negatively. Of course not everyone chooses to externalize their issues like vampires, but by realizing that we all have energetic patterns that are maladaptive we can move beyond judging the vampire and do what we must to deal with our own issues and create healthy patterns that benefit all.
Before we can protect ourselves we need to recognize the signs that we have been vampirized. So how DO you know?
After an encounter or interaction you may feel:
- Drained, wiped out, like you need a nap‚…you probably do, your energy has been sapped!
- Criticized, blamed, attacked-overtly or covertly‚ these behaviors take their toll on energy
- Tense, tight, constricted especially in head, neck, shoulders and gut this is a self protective response to having your energy intruded upon the body is not stupid!
- Like you want/need to engage in a negative behavior yourself to deal with the stress, tension, anger, emptiness or frustration of your experience
1. Minimize or eliminate contact if possible
2. Before an encounter set your intention to remain strong, calm and centered; use visualization to see/feel yourself moving through the encounter/interaction in that way; Create an anchor of that image within so you can tap back into it as needed
3. Work with your energy before an encounter, run the basic channels, build and strengthen inner and outer energies and practice remaining centered at your core
4. Practice grounding your energy through your feet or a grounding cord that runs from the base of your spine into the earth; remember to ground throughout the day
5. Meditate daily to promote awareness, to set your inner baseline to CALM and be better able to maintain it in difficult circumstances
6. NEVER set up a protective shield that stops your energy. Energy is supposed to be vibrant, dynamic and always moving. Protection comes from an abundant flow of free flowing energy with you at the center
7. As you maintain your center, be aware of when your energy begins to drop and use your breath, an image or a happy memory to bring it back up again
8. Have compassion for yourself and the “other”, we are all basically doing the best we can and yes, we could do better AND we will once we raise our energy, uplift our consciousness and move more easily from new ways of Being