Root Chakra: Exploring Beliefs
The following questions can help you gain greater clarity re: how your root chakra energy can be strengthened and balanced and contribute to less stress, increased vitality and abundance in your life.
Before answering the questions sit for a moment and sense how you feel regarding the issue rather than how you think about it. Very often our thoughts give us information about how we wish things were as opposed to what our deepest feelings may be.
Observing how you feel or noting what shows up in your life can give you more information about unconscious beliefs than your everyday mind. It can also be helpful to note your inner dialogue when you notice someone else having what you say you desire for yourself.
1. Am I connected to my body and its needs? Do I attend to my need for rest, regular intake of healthy/adequate food, and exercise? How can I reconnect with my body and respond respectfully to its needs?
2. Are my relationships healthy and life enhancing? Do I struggle with maintaining healthy relationships? Are there relationships that are not healthy, harmful or not serving me well that I cling to and have trouble releasing? How can I improve this area or situation in my life?
3. Do I consistently experience life as a healthy balance of giving and receiving? Do I experience a healthy exchange of energy between
myself and others, nature, and the material world in general? What would help me to connect with this experience?
4. Is it hard for me to change non-beneficial patterns of thinking, feeling or believing? What would help me be more open to change in this regard?
5. Do I struggle to stand up for myself in the world? How could I feel more courage and strength within, more entitlement in the material world?
6. Can I welcome positive change? What would help me feel a safer and more secure foundation that would allow me to embrace change, welcome the new and live life as an adventure?
7. Do I look outside myself for comfort, security, belonging, or protection? How can I feel more security, safety, sense of belonging within myself? What would be some ways that I could begin to learn to comfort and soothe myself?
Ducks in a row
As you answer these questions jot down some notes and prioritize where your greatest good would come from if you tackled that issue. Trying to do too much, too soon or at the wrong time sets us up for failure.
Take one thing at a time and make small changes taking time to integrate them before moving on to something else. We often do not give ourselves enough time to settle into new situations and sabotage ourselves as a result.So take time, focus on one thing at a time and take really good care of yourself as you move forward with changes. Be your own best friend, cheerleader and supportive earth mother! By doing so you will not only be more successful with your targeted change, you will also be building the energy of strength and confidence to bring to your next desired goal!
Leave a Reply